- Better food costs more: "A serving of fresh cantaloupe…costs the [school] district about 20¢ more than canned fruit"
- What Can a City Farm Accomplish? Book is celebration of community brought together through shared labors on city farm
- Recess before lunch: Principals report better student behavior in the cafeteria, classroom, and on the playground
- Orfalea Foundation pays for healthy changes to Lompoc (CA) public schools' meal program
http://t.co/YcVyEYEd #schoollunch #
- Outside funding pays for salad bars and a full time dietitian for New Haven (Conn.) public schools
http://t.co/e7Gehkp2 #schoollunch #
- UCLA nutrition doc to potato pushers "School cafeteria should…not [be] a copy of a fast-food restaurant"
http://t.co/K3hhObcD #obesity #